Sendmail Announces Solutions Enabling Smooth, Secure Migrations to Cloud-Based Email
Email Management Products and Services Help Enterprises Address Security, Compliance and IT Risks
Emeryville, CAApril 2, 2013 Sendmail, Inc. announced today the availability of email management and security products designed to assist enterprises with the smooth and secure transition of their email systems to cloud-based services as well as address the ongoing security, compliance, and IT risk management challenges posed by business email in the cloud over time.
“More enterprises are beginning to evaluate the various cloud email systems and services that are available, such as Microsoft Office 365 and Google Apps for Business, including Gmail,” said Gregory Shapiro , VP, Cloud Enablement & CTO. “The potential cost savings benefits for migrating on-premises IT solutions to the cloud are clear, but for larger globally distributed organizations, there are a myriad of security, compliance and management risks that require hybrid email management solutions that work hand-in-hand with the cloud-based email service.”
According to Gartner Research*, “many organizations are contemplating moving email to the cloud, largely based on the assumption that cloud email is inexpensive, mature and widespread. The decision to move email to the cloud, however, is far more nuanced and complex than it might initially appear.” Sendmail’s new Sentrion Cloud Applications and Services were specifically designed to address the various challenges of cloud-based email regardless of configuration.
These solutions include:
Cloud Messaging Architecture Review
- A set of tools and consultative services delivered by Sendmail Messaging Architects to help organizations evaluate current messaging infrastructure, assess needs, and plan for their migration of email to the cloud. The end-to-end analysis of mail flow provides enterprises with comprehensive assessments of email performance and recommendations for optimal hybrid-cloud configurations to meet all scalability and security requirements, which are often hidden from IT visibility. The Review also provides detailed options for reducing ongoing operating costs.
Private Cloud Managed Service
- Complete custom configured Private Cloud products and services for email security, hygiene and backbone based on Sendmail’s award-winning Sentrion Email Integration Platform
- Provides custom controls for policies and configurations often required for regulated enterprises
- Offers Remote Administration of Sentrion’s and management of all patches and upgrades specific to your change control policies
- Option for deployments at Sendmail partner CSC secure global data centers, which exceed service reliability and performance requirements
Sentrion Cloud Applications, powered by Mimecast:
- A suite of cloud-based applications that support any on-premises or in-cloud email system along with the Sentrion Email Integration Platform in a hybrid-cloud architecture.
- Email Archiving:
- Gives users instant access to every email they’ve ever sent or received while IT retains central control of email retention policies
- Cloud-based platform stores all internal and external email in a highly secure and resilient archive
- Eliminates the costs of on-premises systems and administration while reducing the complexity of secure, accessible email archiving
- Email Continuity:
- Delivers always-on, seamless email availability through automatic service failover and failback in near real-time during an email outage
- The only cloud-based solution that integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Outlook and kicks in automatically to allow employees to use email safely and securely during outages
- Email Security:
- Protects against inbound and outbound email-borne attacks including malware, spam, phishing, DHA & DDoS attacks, deliberate or accidental data leaks, outages, and social engineering attacks
- Backed by stringent availability and security SLAs, along with flexible email encryption options
- Cuts cost and complexity, removing threats in the cloud to reduce risks and improve overall email server performance
Sentrion Rogue Email Application Control (REAC) is available to address the challenge of managing the on-premises application and machine-generated messages:
- Identifies and manages all machine and auto-generated messages behind enterprise boundaries
- Manages business critical messages from systems and applications that rely on auto-generated SMTP email
Sentrion Application Store
Sendmail’s Sentrion Application Store has also been updated to offer additional applications from Sendmail and Partners that work hand-in-hand with the Sentrion Email Integration Platform and Sentrion Cloud Applications to address ongoing email management, security and compliance risks for in-cloud and hybrid cloud architectures.
* The Gartner Position on Cloud Email, June 2012
About Sendmail, Inc.
Sendmail simplifies business email complexity and reduces IT infrastructure costs for large enterprises. The company’s solutions ensure global email connectivity, routing, and message delivery between people, systems, and applications located on-premises, in-cloud or on mobile devices. The Sentrion Email Integration Platform performs intelligent email policy and message inspection ensuring all critical communications and content are integrated with business policies, applications and processes. Sendmail is headquartered in Emeryville, CA with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, call 1-87-SENDMAIL or email email@example.com.
See what Sendmail provides in this short video and learn how Sentrion simplifies business email complexity.
The Sendmail Blog: www.sendmail.com/sm/blog/wik/
Follow @Sendmail on Twitter.
PR Contact: Chris Blake
© Sendmail, Inc. 1998-2017. All rights reserved. Other trademarks, service marks and trade names belong to their respective companies.