How to Mirror Sendmail Open Source Files
To setup a mirror of the sendmail distribution, the following conditions must be met:
- The entire /pub/sendmail tree must be mirrored with one exception The .prealpha, .alpha, and .beta directories should never be mirrored.
- The mirror must be done from ftp://ftp.sendmail.org/pub/sendmail/.
- The mirror must be updated on at least a daily basis at a bare minimum. Don't update more often than every six hours. Try to avoid copying files if they are unchanged (e.g., check the mod date).
- It should be a true mirror, i.e. if a file is deleted on ftp.sendmail.org, it should also disappear from your mirrored site.
- You must report the URL of the mirror site, whether it is a public site, and the administrator for that mirror to sendmail-mirror-YYYY@support.sendmail.org (replace YYYY with the current year, e.g., 2017). For example:
our.site.name will be mirroring ftp://ftp.sendmail.org/pub/sendmail at
The mirror will be updated daily and is available to the public.
The maintainer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You give us permission to publish your site on a mirrors web page available on this web site.